European Drug Prevention Quality Standards (EDPQS) – Achieving QUALITY in Drug Prevention
Project updates and other news
The EMCDDA ManualDownload EMCDDA Manual
Quick guideDownload Self-reflection checklist
The European Drug Prevention Quality Standards (‘Prevention Standards’) represent the work of the European Prevention Standards Partnership, working in close co-operation with the European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction (EMCDDA). The aim of this work is to provide guidance and support to those working in the European drug prevention community and to promote awareness and application of high quality policy and practice.
Phase I of this work was completed in 2010 under the project name “European standards in evidence for drug prevention”. The resulting Prevention Standards were published by the European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction (EMCDDA) in 2011.
Phase II entitled "Promoting Excellence in Drug Prevention in the EU – Phase II of the European Drug Prevention Quality Standards Project” began in April 2013 and was a 2 year initiative of the Partnership that ended in April 2015 with the publication of practical tools for decision-makers, practitioners and others working in drug prevention. The project was co-funded by the European Union under the European Commission’s DG Justice “Drug Prevention and Information Programme” (DPIP).
The Prevention Standards Partnership in Phase II
Liverpool John Moores University (LJMU), United Kingdom
- Institut Suchtprävention, pro mente Oberösterreich, Austria
- Charles University Prague (CUNI), Czech Republic
- Observatoire français des drogues et des toxicomanies (OFDT), France
- University Mental Health Research Institute (UMHRI), Greece
- Eötvös Loránd University, Hungary
- Azienda Sanitaria Locale Milano (ASL Milano), Italy
- Azienda Sanitaria Locale 2 – Savonese (ASL 2 Savonese), Italy
- Mazowieckie Centrum Polityki Społecznej (MCPS), Poland
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC)
- Gesundheit Österreich GmbH, Austria
- University Hospital Heidelberg (REBOUND), Germany
- National Bureau for Drug Prevention (NBDP), Poland
- Delegacion del Gobierno para el Plan Nacional sobre Drogas, Spain
- Social Development Unit, Social Services Administration, Stockholm, Sweden
- European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction (EMCDDA)