Our Polish EDPQS project partners, the Polish Reitox Focal Point (National Bureau for Drug Prevention, NBDP) and the Masovian Centre for Social Policy (MCPS), will host their annual drug prevention conference in Warsaw, Poland on 10-11 June 2015 (full day on 10th, half day on 11th).
Participants can expect presentations and discussions on:
- The European drug report EMCDDA 2015 (Alessandro Pirona), with a focus on the situation in Poland
- The European Drug Prevention Quality Standards (EDPQS), focussing on Phase II outputs and implementation efforts in Poland (Angelina Brotherhood, Artur Malczewski)
- The EU Minimum Quality Standards in Drug Demand Reduction, as developed by the Horizontal Drugs Group (HDG) under the presendencies of Italy and Latvia, with speakers from Latvia (Agnese Zile-Veisberga), the United Kingdom (Harry Sumnall) and the European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction EMCDDA (Alessandro Pirona)
- The COMIQS.BE project, focussing on the process used to develop quality standards in Belgium (Johan Jongbloet)
- New Psychoactive Substances, with contributions from the Netherlands (Jean-Paul Grund), the United Kingdom (Harry Sumnall) and Poland (Michał Kidawa)
- Cannabis: analysing current situation and responses as well as recent policy changes in the United States, with contributions from the Netherlands (Jean-Paul Grund), Latvia (Agnese Zile-Veisberga) and Poland (Krzysztof Krajewski, Bogusława Bukowska).
Attendance at the event is free. Meals and accommodation are also provided by the organisers. Participants will have to cover their own travel costs and make their own travel arrangements.
Registration Form (Deadline for registration: 3rd June 2015)
It is expected that the event will be attended by some 150 individuals. For more information, please contact Artur Malczewski at email@example.com.