Locally known as: “Ευρωπαϊκά Κριτήρια Ποιότητας για την Πρόληψη της Χρήσης Ουσιών“
Ioulia Bafi introduces the Greek EDPQS project partner, the University Mental Health Research Institute (UMHRI)
EDPQS materials available in Greek
- Toolkit 1 (Funding & Decision-Making Toolkit)
- Please contact the project partners mentioned below for more information
Project-specific activities in this country
- As part of the EDPQS Phase II project, the University Mental Health Research Institute (UMHRI) conducted online surveys and focus groups in Greece, as well as training events.
- The prevention provider “Pronói” served as a case study to explore the practical applicability of the EDPQS.
- Presentation of EDPQS in relevant professional fora, for example at the 9th Meeting of the Greek Addiction Prevention Agencies Network (Patra, Greece), June 2013
- Project meeting in Athens (February 2015) (see our blog)
Examples of EDPQS use in this country
The University Mental Health Research Institute (UMHRI) has been working with the EDPQS to advocate for greater consideration of quality in prevention in Greece, through awareness-raising activities and bespoke seminars on quality in prevention.
A national conference focussing on quality took place in November 2015.
The University Mental Health Research Institute (UMHRI) is currently collaborating with the Greek Organisation Against Drugs (ΟΚΑΝΑ) to explore different possiblities of using the EDPQS in Greece, including in the funding of prevention activities and the operation of Prevention Centres.
The University Mental Health Research Institute (UMHRI) (http://www.epipsi.gr/), which is also the Greek Reitox Focal Point (EKTEPN) (http://www.ektepn.gr/) was a project partner in the EDPQS Phase II project. For further information, please see the Partnership pages.
Main contact persons
Ioulia Bafi, EKTEPN (email@example.com), can be contacted regarding:
- Information about the institution’s role in the EDPQS project
- General information about the EDPQS
- Information about EDPQS-specific activities in this country
- Advice on how to work with the EDPQS
- Requests for presentations on EDPQS
- Requests to receive training on EDPQS
- Requests for permission to provide for-profit training on EDPQS
Other quality standards and guidelines relevant to prevention
Please contact Ioulia Bafi (contact details above) for more information
Information up-to-date as of March 2016. Something wrong or missing? To submit an update regarding this page (e.g. changed contact details, additional activities), please contact us.