Locally known as: “Europejskie standardy jakości w profilaktyce uzależnień“ (“EDPQS”)
Video 1 (in English): Artur Malczewski introduces the Polish EDPQS project partner, the National Bureau for Drug Prevention (NBDP), and describes various activities that have taken place to promote the EDPQS in Poland.
Video 2 (in Polish): Maria Wrońska introduces the Polish EDPQS project partner, Mazowieckie Centrum Polityki Społecznej – Masovian Centre for Social Policy (MCPS)
EDPQS materials available in Polish
- Quick Guide (including a special part with contextual information about role of EDPQS in Poland; see the blog announcement)
- Toolkit 1 (Funding & Decision-Making Toolkit)
- Toolkit 2 (Self-assessment & Reflection Toolkit)
- Toolkit 4 (Adaptation & Dissemination Toolkit)
- Information in Polish is also available on the website of our project partners
- Please contact the project partners mentioned below for more information
Articles in professional media (made available with permission from the publishers):
- Article in Świat Problemów (2013)
- Article in Świat Problemów (2014): Interview with Angelina Brotherhood
- A series of articles in Remedium (2014): Part I; Part II; Part III
Project-specific activities in this country
- The criteria for the Polish recommendation system for prevention and mental health promotion programmes were used in the development of the EDPQS.
- As part of the EDPQS Phase I and Phase II projects, the project partners conducted online surveys, focus groups, and a 2-day pilot training event in Poland.
- Presentation of EDPQS at relevant professional fora, including at regional meetings of the local monitoring network as well as the annual drug prevention conferences organised by the Polish Reitox Focal Point (National Bureau for Drug Prevention, NBDP) and the Masovian Centre for Social Policy (MCPS)
- Publication of articles about the project in professional magazines (Świat Problemów, Remedium) (see above)
Examples of EDPQS use in this country
Project partners have been working with the EDPQS to advocate for greater consideration of quality in prevention in Poland. Specifically, the EDPQS have been promoted as a complementary material to support the achievement of the criteria required in the Polish recommendation system for prevention and mental health promotion programmes. More information about this project can be found in the “Example projects” documents in EDPQS Toolkit 4.
The EDPQS are also used for training purposes. For example, a two-day training event on EDPQS was held in Warsaw, a 3 hours training event in Katowice, and a one-day training event has taken place in Poznan. For more information about these events, please contact the project partners mentioned below.
Further information is also available in this blog post (13.12.2016).
The National Bureau for Drug Prevention (NBDP) (www.kbpn.gov.pl) was a project partner in the EDPQS Phase I project and continued its collaboration in the EDPQS Phase II project as an associate partner, while the Masovian Centre for Social Policy (MCPS) (www.mcps.mazovia.pl) became a project partner in the EDPQS Phase II project. For further information, please see the Partnership page.
Main contact person
Artur Malczewski, National Bureau for Drug Prevention (NBDP) (email@example.com), can be contacted regarding:
- Information about the institution’s role in the EDPQS project
- General information about the EDPQS
- Information about EDPQS-specific activities in this country
- Advice on how to work with the EDPQS
- Requests for presentations on EDPQS
- Requests to receive training on EDPQS
- Requests for permission to provide for-profit training on EDPQS
Other quality standards and guidelines relevant to prevention
Yes. Please check the EMCDDA’s Best Practice Portal or contact Artur Malczewski (contact details above)
Information up-to-date as of December 2016. Something wrong or missing? To submit an update regarding this page (e.g. changed contact details, additional activities), please contact us.