We are pleased to announce that the Quick Guide to the European Drug Prevention Quality Standards (EDPQS) is now also available in Polish, meaning that the guide is now available in 13 languages.
Colleagues at the Polish National Bureau for Drug Prevention (NBDP) and the Masovian Centre for Social Policy (MCPS) (see our Partnership page) have been actively promoting the EDPQS in Poland for a number of years. Activities have included:
- Translation of the EDPQS Manual into Polish
- Publication of articles in professional magazines (for details and downloads, see the Polish country page)
- Delivery of workshops – most recently in Torun during the conference for local communities (around 60 persons) and in Pabianice (around 20 persons), with presentations in Poznan and the Masovian region planned for the coming weeks; and
- Conferences dedicated to the topic of quality standards (October 2014, June 2015).
The Polish version of the Quick Guide is an adaptation of the original guide, and contains two parts:
- the first part corresponds to the original Quick Guide
- the second part has been prepared by Artur Malczewski from the NBDP and provides contextual information regarding the role of the EDPQS in Poland and the work that has been undertaken in Poland to support the EDPQS
The Quick Guide thus follows up on and updates professionals in Poland on EDPQS-related developments since the publication of the Manual in Polish in 2011.
Printed copies of the Quick Guide will be distributed mainly in the Mazovian region (region surrounding Warsaw), but also to the 16 provincial experts on drugs and drug addiction and other people interested in the topic.
Recognising, however, that distributing materials is not sufficient to develop professional practice, colleagues at the NBDP and MCPS will continue to provide training on the quality standards. A two-day workshop using EDPQS Toolkit 3 is planned to take place before the end of the year, following up on the success of a pilot training event held in February 2015.
The publication of the Quick Guide in Polish marks the beginning of a series of EDPQS publications in Polish, as outputs from the EDPQS Phase II project will be translated and published in the months ahead.Click here to download the Quick Guide in Polish (file size: 2.3 MB)
More more information about the EDPQS in Poland, please visit the Poland country page.