Since starting the project in 2008, the Prevention Standards Partnership has presented the European Drug Prevention Quality Standards (EDPQS) to a range of audiences all over Europe and beyond, including international networks and representatives of the EU accession states. A selection of these events is listed here. Please feel free to contact the Partnership or your country contact about presentations of the EDPQS in your city or region.
- Please contact us for more information or to arrange an event.
Past events (selection)
Conferences and seminars targeted primarily at policy makers and practitioners
- “Do we need drug demand reduction standards?”, Side event at the 60th Session of the Commission on Narcotic Drugs (CND), organized by the Government of Poland, the Polish National Bureau for Drug Prevention and the European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction, Vienna, Austria, 17 March 2017.
- Turkish Green Crescent webinar series, 25 May 2016.
- EMCDDA Reitox Academy on “Best practice in drug use prevention”, Rabat, Morocco, 8-9 December 2015.
- UNODC Scientific Consultation on Prevention of Drug Use and Treatment of Drug Use Disorders, Vienna, Austria, 8 December 2015 (video available online).
- UNODC National Training Seminar “Prevention Strategy and Policy Makers”, Dushanbe, Tajikistan, 4-6 November 2015. (see our travel report)
- ISSUP Conference – Conference of the International Society of Substance Use Prevention and Treatment Professionals (ISSUP), Bangkok, Thailand, 6-11 July 2015.
- Conference on “Minimum Quality Standards in Drug Demand Reduction”, Warsaw, Poland, 10-11 June 2015.
- Pre-conference workshop to the European Conference on Addictions in Children and Adolescents, Győr, Hungary, 20-22 April 2015.
- “Developing and promoting quality standards in drug demand reduction”, Side event at the 58th Session of the Commission on Narcotic Drugs (CND), Vienna, Austria, 11 March 2015. (see our travel report)
- Workshop on European Drug Prevention Quality Standards, Athens, Greece, 26 February 2015.
- International Symposium on Drug Policy and Public Health, Istanbul, Turkey, 29 September – 1 October 2014 (video is available).
- “European Drug Prevention Quality Standards”, Warsaw, Poland, 2-3 October 2014.
- “Consumo di sostanze psicoattive nella Asl di Milano” – presentazione dell’indagine epidemiologica sul consumo di sostanze [“Drug use in Asl Milano’s catchment area” – presentation of 2013 epidemiological survey data], Milano, Italy, 25 February 2014.
- EMCDDA Reitox Academy on prevention, Ljubljana, Slovenia, 28-29 April 2014.
- EC TAIEX workshop on National Drugs Monitoring Systems in Croatia, Zadar, Croatia, 22-23 October 2013.
- NIGHTS 2013 “Health, Pleasure & Communities” conference, Padova, Italy, September 2013. → a brief report on this conference is available in our blog
- National conference of the Sociedad Científica Española de Estudios sobre el Alcohol, el Alcoholismo y las otras Toxicomanías (SOCIDROGALCOHOL), Murcia, Spain, April 2013.
- Fachtagung “Bedarfsanalyse als fachliche Herausforderung für die Praxis: Professionalisierung kommunaler Alkoholprävention”, Hannover, Germany, November 2012.
- Institut für Suchtprävention (ISP), Vienna, Austria, November 2012.
- “Drogfokus 2012”, Sweden’s national conference on alcohol, drugs, doping and tobacco, Norrköping, Sweden, October 2012.
- Working group meeting of the Expert strand on substance abuse prevention (ESSAP), EUROCITIES, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, February 2012. → the activities of the ESSAP group are also featured on this web site as an example of use
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Technical Consultation on ‘International Standards on Prevention’, Vienna, Austria, January 2012. → see also related activities to read more about UNODC’s work in this area
- Building an EU consensus for minimum quality standards in the prevention, treatment and harm reduction of drugs (EQUS), Brussels, Belgium, June 2011. → see also the examples of use to find out more about EQUS
- EC TAIEX People 2 People Programme study tour: “Use of drugs and its impact on public health”, Brussels, Belgium, May 2011.
- Final conference of the European drug prevention quality standards project (Phase I), Budapest, Hungary, November 2010.
- II National Conference on local monitoring, Poland, June 2010.
- XVIII Regional Experts Conference, Poland, April 2010.
- Pompidou Group’s Prevention Platform Extended Meeting: “Evaluation of drug prevention: from dogma to useful tool”, Prague, Czech Republic, March 2010.
- EAHC, Luxembourg, February 2010.
- Regional conference of the local monitoring network (podkarpackie, swietkorzyskie and lubelskie provinces), Poland, September 2009.
Scientific conferences and other events targeted primarily at academic audiences
- Sixth Annual Conference of the European Society for Prevention Research (EUSPR), Ljubljana, Slovenia, 22-24 October 2015 (see our travel report).
- 23rd Annual Meeting of the Society for Prevention Research (SPR), Washington, DC, USA, May 2015.
- Meeting of the “Drug Research” Section of the Austrian Society for Sociology (ÖGS), Vienna, Austria, 22 April 2015.
- Launch of the EMCDDA Manual at the Second Annual Conference of the European Society for Prevention Research (EUSPR), Lisbon, December 2011 → see the related activities page to find out more about the EUSPR
- Society for Prevention Research (SPR) 19th Annual Meeting, Washington, DC, USA, May/June 2011.
- Symposium on “European quality standards in drug prevention”. IX Congress of Health Psychology, Bergamo, Italy, September 2010.
- 6th International G-I-N Conference, Lisbon, Portugal, November 2009.
- 20th Annual Conference of the European Society for Social Drug Research (ESSD), Belfast, UK, September 2009.
Brotherhood, A. (2016). Qualität in der Suchtprävention: was können Qualitätsstandards leisten? In M. von Heyden, H. Jungaberle & T. Majić (eds.), Handbuch Psychoaktive Substanzen. Berlin, Heidelberg: Springer. doi:10.1007/978-3-642-55214-4_6-1
References to scientific publications are added as they become available.
You might also be interested in:
- Project documentation, including the methodological report describing the development of the EDPQS in Phase I, is available from the Other EDPQS materials page.
- To access the EMCDDA Manual containing the Standards as well as other publications to support use of the Standards, please visit the Resources page.
- For press releases, publications and websites referring to the EDPQS, please visit the Media and press section.